Thursday, September 29, 2011

Random Thursday Ramblings

I wanted to give y'all a few updates. Remember the pumpkin pancake recipe? Well, here they are..


I must say, they were yummy! I tricked my husband into liking them, which is not something that I am able to do often. I made, plated, buttered and smothered them in syrup so he wouldn't notice the nice orange coloring.  I was wrong, he did. 

D: "Is there something different about these pancakes?"
K: "No, why?"
D: "They just look a little different."
K: "Hmm, I don't know."
D: "Mmm, these are good!" (pause) "Are these pumpkin?"
K: "Hahahahaha, Yes! Do you love them?!"
D: "Yeah, they're good."
D: "Buuuut, I still like the other....
K: "Nope! No buts allowed, you already said mmm! and that you liked them!"
"You're just saying that now because you know that they're pumpkin and you don't like to try anything different!" "You're not allowed to criticize after you said you really liked them."

If I would have told him before he tried them he would have already pre-judged them. So I've learned little tricks to change his thinking...but trust me, it's very hard to do!

So my grade on the pumpkin pancakes?! I will give them an A++! So good!
Now, they won't be fluffy, they'll be a bit more dense because of the pumpkin puree. So don't think you've done anything wrong.

I have a fun idea for all you moms out there!


What's better than pumpkin shaped and flavored pancakes...with chocolate chips in them! Mmm, I might be making this for David and I because I love stuff like this!

Since we're on the topic of breakfast and pumpkin...

Happy National Coffee Day!


Except BOO! on Starbucks because they aren't participating in a free coffee give away. Where's the coffee love Starbucks? Seriously!? But could you imagine the craziness that would ensue on every single Starbucks location! Yikes!

Do you remember when I was talking about these from Villeroy & Boch...



and do you remember when I said you could find something like this for much less at any antique/flea market/store? Well, I did...


Isn't the resemblance so crazy! It's the same design, shape and style of glasses and all! I wasn't even trying to stumble across this! So strange. The only annoying thing is that you have to buy this as a set and I don't have a desire to own all of these pieces. Sold separately they would be around $3.50, give or take some change. That's a steal in comparison to the Villeroy & Boch that sells for $14.99.

Then, do you remember my earring frame thingy? Well, I made one for my sister...


Green to match her room...


a little distressed...


and I even painted the back two different colors of metallic gold because it was just ugly. It's not that good of a paint job but it's just the back. Now I just have to attach the picture hanger piece.

It cost me about $8 to make this one because I already had all of the supplies from my first one. I bought the frame at HL in the clearance section for $4, I bought the paint for a couple of bucks and then the wood pieces on the back to raise it out from the wall. (you can find those in one of the aisles at HL and the frame pieces actually attach together on the corners...David had to cut down a couple to make the frame smaller...then just glue it down with Gorilla Glue) The frame was originally silver so when distressed, silver and black show through.


Uh, so cute right?! I love these address labels! I get so excited about the little things but if I didn't, who would?! I ordered 140 of these from Vista Print for $6. That's all! I'm not sure if it was a special or they always offer this but I felt like it was a pretty good deal! I had to mark out our address for the crazies out there!

Confession: No, I haven't made my ruffle shirt yet, but Mom is coming this weekend and that means she gets to help me! I just have a feeling this is not a project that I can do alone for the first time. While we are doing that on Saturday, Dad and David might hit up the gun show in Fort Worth and then off to little Lincon Nimz's 2nd Birthday Party! I can't believe he's 2! Actually today is his birthday so....

Happy 2nd Birthday Lincoln!!
And last but not least, we have an upcoming event that I'm very excited about...


My girlfriend Ashley and I decided to throw a wreathe decorating party for our girlfriends and their girlfriends. I'm so excited!!! I just created this little invite on Pingg, super easy. I can't tell you anything else because I don't want to spoil the fun! But the gist of the party is...fun Fall treats, girl time, door raffle and you get to create a Fall or Christmas wreathe to fancy up your house for the Holidays! It should be a fun time had by all!

I can't wait to tell you about it, but that won't be for a few more weeks! So until then have fun with your fall decorating...I'm already thinking Christmas...trying to get ahead of the game!

Check out The Lettered Cottage! It's great and they have tons of mantle decorating ideas! I'm linking you to a specific post because it's great! Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment