Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happy 28th Birthday David!

So I'm catching up on long overdue posts. I know that I blogged about planning David's birthday dinner(s) but I never actually blogged about the event after the fact. So here we go...


I took the opportunity to use my chalkboard in the kitchen for an actual event. I love it because I can switch it up all the time. Pardon my messy words, learning to write well with chalk takes time! I wrote this right before bed so when he woke up it was waiting for him!

So I ended up making Italian Roast (recipe in a previous post) but I was a little ticked with myself because it did not end up as good as the last time and I'll tell you why. I was trying to be healthy and trimmed the fat, well that was dumb because it's just not good and juicy when you do that and takes a lot of the flavor away. So it was much more dry and I was highly disappointed in myself, especially because we were having company, my in-laws! Then I found this yummy corn side dish with bacon and onion and spices, well I put too much red pepper flakes in and it ended up being too spicy. I love too spicy, but everyone else does not. Fail #2! Then, I ran out of time and went to Baskin Robbins and bought an oreo ice cream cake rather than making one. That wasn't so much as a fail because it was delicious but it was a little because I prefer baking David's birthday desserts. Oh well, we always have next year.


This was as good as it looks!

I feel like I'm pretty good in the kitchen but when I'm under pressure to cook for others, that's when I always have problems. I'll eventually get over that, I hope! But I was chatting with my sister and she said the same thing, it's always when you have company that things go wrong!



The birthday boy blowing out his candles! All they had at Baskin Robbins was the small chocolate oreo ice cream cake but that worked out perfectly because there were just four of us!

I've never bought David a really great, expensive gift and this year I really wanted to. I always get him a bunch of little things but he always gets me one really great thing. So I thought it was my turn to really wow him!


It's a little dark, but you get the point. That's right, a new TV for the bedroom! He was so surprised and excited about it! I was very proud of myself for this one. I've never gotten him something that he was so excited about and I must say it feels pretty good to see him so pleased! I got a great deal on this for many reasons...1) I already had a $100 gift card to best buy from two Christmas's ago that I won at David's company Christmas party 2) My parents added their $100 birthday donation and 3) I just had to make up the difference! Not too shabby, eh? So we'll just say that 2/3 of it was from me :) Thanks Mom and Dad! Anyone that knows the Clark men, knows that their TV's are VERY important!

We didn't do much celebrating other than dinner with his parents because a pretty penny was spent on his gift, but I'm pretty sure he's content with that. Every once in a while he'll make the comment, "I love this TV!" Then I think, how am I going to top this one?!?

Happy 28th Birthday David Jeffrey Clark!
I love you more than life and I can't wait to celebrate the next 60!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment