Thursday, September 1, 2011

Reality TV...Pffft!...Reality Check!

Okay friends, once again, I have taken a blogging vacay. But on purpose this time. As you know I have been searchin' searchin' for a job this summer and now we are going into the Fall and I'm still looking...discouraged much? You betcha! But I'm still pluggin' along with those resumes, emails, phone calls and walk-ins! I've had a few offers, but honestly I had a little too much pride to take those jobs with the pay that was offered. I'm not saying I'm better, but come on people I just finished school for the 2nd time and I've got a bit of experience under my belt...and not to mention we have BILLS!

So the reason for my social networking vacay? Well, I thought it would be best to remove myself halfway (meaning: I'm still there, no wall) from the FB world and to stop blogging so that I could focus my time and energy on my priorities...finding a job and my lovely husband. You all know that you can fall into a funk after looking so much and getting your hopes up with leads a few times, then only to fall through. So my thinking was, don't say anything at all unless you have something good, positive and kind to say! Lord knows that this FB status thing would seriously get me into trouble, as well as pouring it all out into a blog. So I made the decision to take away my wall on FB...that means no status updates. But don't be fooled I can still read all of yours (wink)! Annnd, if anyone really wanted to get ahold of me, well, I have a phone, email and FB messaging! Haha! I must say, I feel freed from the FB world just a little bit and realized just how annoying it is! Seriously, try to think of the time before FB came along. People communicated like actual people...face-to-face or over the phone or at least through a text. I do realize that FB is more for those that like to follow along with people that are "acquaintances," distant friends, friends of friends or past friends (because I admit, that's what I actually like about it). You wouldn't believe how many people have asked me, "Did you block me from your FB?!" I was like, "Oh my!" But don't hold my words against me because someday I may just be back for more! Ha! It's funny, people always tell me to tell David to get on FB. I'm like, do you know my husband at all??!! Because if you did, you would realize that would be the most ridiculous thing ever and that's also the day pigs will fly! Another thing, people tend to show their emotion for whatever happened that day, good or bad. (Guilty) I think that letting strangers into your world like that and being in the-all-know about your life sometimes is not the best. Now, you could say.."What about your blog, isn't that what you're doing?" I think blogging is definitely controlled and a lot of thought goes into it. I always think about what I choose to share and how I will approach it. With FB-ing, I definitely think it's more flippant and spontaneous and sometimes that can be a curse to us when we find ourselves in a tough spot or a bad mood. End of FB rant.

FB Break! Too funny!

Onto something that is so much more worth your reading time! Reality TV! Hahahahahaha! (I'm sorry, but I must take a moment to laugh at myself) How could this blog post get any worse?! Facebook AND Reality TV--waste of time and energy in this world! But what can I say, guilty pleasure! (at least I admit it) Am I a hypocrite? Completely!!!

So lets start with this so I don't sound like a total loser...PIONEER WOMAN! Yesssss! She is my hero, seriously! I want her life but with my husband and kids ;) For those that don't know, she comes on Saturday mornings at 10:30 central time on the Food Network. Last Saturday was her first show and I can't wait for this Saturday! I love love love her! I always sign up to win a trip to her ranch for some cooking thing and of course have never won, I never win anything but it doesn't stop me from signing up (every time)! Things we have in common and why we should be friends: I LOVE cooking, we want 4 kids too (for real), we want to live on a ranch one day (and we will, don't worry), and living out in the country would be the BEST!


Another new favorite, PICKER SISTERS on Lifetime, Tuesdays at 9:00 pm. In LOVE with these sisters! I want their life too...so I've thought about this...my ideal lifestyle would be a combination of Pioneer Woman and the Picker Sisters. That sounds very much like myself, I must say...minus all the bells and whistles. ;) But honestly, I think I could totally have a knack for their job if my husband didn't work because he could be my contractor and make all of that amazingness! Oh and their wardrobe is to die for...I think they each own like 50 different styles of boots. Moving on....but they are so Fab!



Okay a couple that I know most of you watch too...Kardashians and Housewives of New Jersey. I don't want their lives, I just like to watch them. It's all so intriguing and addicting! And of course not to leave out all of the Kardashian spin-off's. Who wouldn't watch?! I'm going to give a quick little mention about Kendra, It's coming back this month and I'm sad to admit that I'm really excited!

Jacqueline's my favorite! (Most normal)
A couple of newbies that I have been watching...Tia & Tamara--it's okay. I just like to watch the sister dynamic because it makes me think about how different my sister and I think sometimes but yet we are so much alike. Last but not least, Most Eligible Dallas. I'm totally guilty of watching this and most of the time while I'm watching it I'm dumbfounded by the egos that burst through my TV screen. Yikes! I really want to say more, but I'm choosing to filter at this time. (double wink for those who know what I'm talking about)

At this point you're thinking that I may fill may weeks with too much reality TV. A girl can only apply for so many jobs in one day!! We all deserve a 30 minute break here and there! But don't you worry, Fall TV will return soon and I'll have plenty to say about that too and my DVR list will be growing!

Okay, next blog post will definitely be about David and I! I'm just glad that I'm back to blogging! Have a fantastic and safe Labor Day weekend! We will be in Granbury with some great friends lakin' it! Very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment