Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall Tablescape LOVE

I spent most of my day yesterday coming up with centerpiece ideas for my kitchen table. It didn't take long to figure out what I wanted to do because A) I'm on a budget (and if I weren't I would bargain shop because I'm all about it!) and B) I want everything Pottery Barn. If I could order the entire store, I would.

So it all started with a few pieces that I already had...gold candles from my wedding, crystalish candle stick/pillar holders from my wedding, a gold vase from my wedding, gold floral pick filler (whatever they're called) left over from the wedding and artificial wheat filler leftover from a vase I did in the entry several months ago. I gathered it all together and with my inspiration photos ingrained in my head...I went budget shoppin'!

Inspiration that I drool over every time I get the catalogue:




Where from? PB, duh!

Oh my goodness! Isn't it just magnificent?! It makes me happy just looking at it, ahhh! Then I get sad because I'm thinking, "It would cost me a fortune to order ALL of that greatness!" So I decided I'm just going to create my own PB-esque look on a serious budget!

So here it is...then I'll tell you how I budgeted...





Here's a couple of pictures without the fun instagram settings...




I'm still lacking a pumpkin and couple of gold floral picks...but I thought brown feathers might be a nice touch too. Who knows, I'll eventually stumble upon something else that I must have and want to add. (Notice my little buddies in the background...that pretty much sums up their day, watching me do anything and everything. Momma's boys deluxe!!)

So how much?? I spent around $30-$35 dollars. I'm very pleased with the outcome and I think $30ish is a steal for a fabulous centerpiece! I'll tell you how....

Owl: Ross, $4.99
Mercury Glass Pumpkins (2): TJ Maxx, $9.99 each...$20.00
Wicker/Rattan Pumpkin: Hobby Lobby, $7.99 with 50% off...$4.00
Orange/Brown Pumpkin: Lonestar Antiques, FREE! (It was cracked on the bottom and the tag said free, so I took it and glued it...who looks at the bottom?
Burlap: Hobby Lobby, $3.20 (I bought 2 yards so I could have the length of my table, I folded it into 1/4ths and used 1/4 of it...so I have plenty leftover to play with! I used a 40% off coupon that is on the website and I just showed them my phone. I just hemmed the edges to keep from unraveling)

Everything that I already had is from Hobby Lobby...ya can't beat their 50% off sales!

To complete my tablescape I would add these place mats or something similar...


I would add these gold chargers or similar....


My dishes are from PB and they look like this...


Obsessed with my Gabriella Dinnerware from the infamous PB! Love love!

LOVE this stemware/glassware from Villeroy & Boch...it's GORGEOUS!!! I would use the amber color or anything that is similar and still amber...but I would really want these...and I would use the Goblet because it's the most fabulous. To-Die-For! (Go to antique stores/markets/flea markets...it's so easy to find vintage amber stemware/glassware for sooo cheap.)

Um but wait, it gets better....



Hello Christmas tablescape!!! Ahh, these are GORGE! I can't decide which one I love the most...I love the minty, silvery green but I'm so drawn to the deep garnet-like red. Ah, this is too much!

Then I would do something like this because it looks fab...



Oh but wait, we're on a budget...sorry PB (sad face) 
($26 for 4)




(This is more like $5-10 for 4!)

So cute! Right?! But minus the number and in the middle of my plate because we're not at a wedding..(stating the obvious).


Okay, this is so cute and you would just have to spend some change on a tiny bit of ribbon! (and go on a scavenger hunt in a park or in your yard for these)

So let me share my most exciting purchase with you and my crazy ways to find a great deal on the "knock-offs"...

As I mentioned, I drooled over the PB pumpkins this year. I was reading a blog the other day and noticed this gal's mercury glass pumpkins...I immediately thought PB... jealousy! I kept reading and she said she purchased them at HomeGoods! What?!?! I got on the phone and called every HomeGoods in the metroplex. Sold Out was the reoccurring phrase, sad day for me. So I called the next couple of days and same thing, different day. So last night I was running around and I thought I would run into Garden Ridge to see if there was something somewhat similar to these amazing mercury glass pumpkins. Nada. I was close to TJ Maxx and thought, "I'm just gonna run in for a second and take a quick look around." Welp, I'm pretty sure the "fall/Halloween" section was as big as a tiny coat closet. I was glancing quickly, about to leave and oh my shining stars...TWO mercury glass pumpkins (faux of course, but it looks real) staring at me in the face for $9.99 a piece. I'm pretty sure I could have skipped and whistled to the check-out. In my head that's what I was doing, ha! My husband couldn't quite understand my excitement. I just told him I saved him SO much money and he was equally elated.

I'll post updated pics eventually...if I update it. I'm quite pleased with it just the way it is. I would really like something like this...


PB carved pumpkins but white washed...I'm sure I can find this elsewhere for less.

And I would like to find one or two of these...


But thinner...I love adding different levels.

Here are some more HL lovelies that you might like...




This lamp is unrelated. I would just liked it for my guest bedroom, minus the brown shade, plus a white lineny textured shade. So fab!

I love the turquoise but I wanted to stay neutral and it's a little too loud for me. If I liked B&W I would totally use those because they are so cute, but I don't ever decorate with black. To create an extremely modern fall centerpiece I would definitely go with the B&W and turquoise metallic pumpkins...its just not my style.

The wheels in my brain are already churning for Christmas....I'm really excited!! And of course it will all be created on a budget!

Other happenings...

One of my girlfriends and I are cookin' up something really fun for fall and I can't wait to share! Annnd here is the fabulous tortilla soup that I was yacking about a couple of posts ago!



Mmm-Mmm Good! I made it Wednesday night and it made 6-8 meals...in this house. My husband's bowls tend to practically overflow.

I used FF sour cream, low-sodium chicken broth, part-skim mozzarella (the only cheese that is always available low-fat), a few chips crumbled up and one sliver of avocado chopped up! I ate this for lunch for 3 days this week and I still lost 2 pounds! Not too shabby!

Pumpkin Pancakes in the morning!!!

Happy Tablescaping...and bargain shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment