Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Canton

Mom and I went to Canton Trade Days for the first time and it was soooo fabulous! I will recommend not going the first weekend in August because holy hot tamales it was HOT! We haven't been that hot since....actually we can't even remember the last time we were that hot! But we didn't have a choice because it was the only time that we could schedule to go, so we sucked it up and went! I'm so glad we did because we found some amazing things to purchase, even though we were literally dripping sweat!

Here's a short video clip that I took of mom to demonstrate our heat exhaustion....and at this point at the end of the day we were quite silly from it too! See for yourself!


On to the purchases! I found a few loves that I'm extremely pleased with and I think I got pretty decent deals on them too!


First I stumbled upon this German beer crate that I'm just in love with! Isn't it so great?! I now have a place to put the bottle of wine that David got from Bluff Dale Vineyards the day he proposed to me! I even got one of those great corks that you can write on, so I wrote the date of our engagement on it. I can't remember exactly how much I spent but I think it was between $30 and $50. Not quite sure.


Then I found this beauty! I've been looking for one of these steer horn sconces FOR-EVER! I mean, I've seen them but for an insane amount of money that I refused to pay. Like $70 (without foliage), ya right! So I snatched this up immediately when I discovered it was only $24! Then the foliage cost extra. So here's the deal, they had premade sconces but I do not decorate with red or purple and ALL of the premade sconces had red and purple foliage! Annoying! The premade were like $35-$45 but I had to make my own so I spent around $60. It was pretty fun, imagine hobby lobby floral section but 10x's better because they had a really unique selection. So I walked around with my sconce making my little masterpiece and the lady that made them was really irritated with me and kind of snickering like I didn't know what I was doing and I'm thinking, "Lady, if you only knew! Pffft!" "Mind your business!" She sarcastically kept asking me if I needed help or advice or pointers and I'm thinking, "Leave me alone already! Does it look like I need help?!" Geez, they will bug the snot out of you! So then I checked out and she said, "Hmmm, that's actually pretty good." I just smiled and said thank you and went on my way. I'm very excited about this purchase though! I love it! You might be thinking that the placement is really low because it's right next to the light switch, well this house was apparently made for giants because all of the light switches are extremely high and so is our bathroom sink! Good thing it's just a rent house!


Check out my repurposed burlap ottoman (tuft), whatever you wanna call it! LOVE this little guy! 50 Bucks!! Steal! I've seen these and wanted one but they are always more than $100! This was the last one and it was a little dingier than the others that were already sold but I was willing to overlook that because of the great deal and it's vintage so who cares, right?! Love love!


Loving this!! Notice my empty spot on the right side of my hutch...I actually found something to put there and passed on it and then regretted that when I got home! It was a green vintage looking glass ball (you know, blown glass from a wine bottle) for only $20 and it would have been perfect there!  Oh well, maybe next time :(

So we got there at 8:00 and left at 12:00, great decision because it was getting HOTTER! Next time we will go when it's cool outside and we can actually spend the day because we only made it to the sections that are covered which was quite a bit! We want to be able to scoure the entire place! I'm thinking next time we'll start with the uncovered sections. Luckily, we stumbled upon a booth that had misters and fans and we spent some time standing around in there so we could get our second wind!

Let me mention the fabulous food that we found! I can't remember the name of the place but it had "girly" type food and we got the chicken salad crepe with an amazing sauce drizzled on top and for dessert we had a frozen banana dipped in nutella and rolled in nuts! To die for!!!

We had a great time and we can't wait to go back but next time we need to take Kristen because she was sooo jealous that mom and I were going without her! Everyone needs to experience Canton, it's so wonderful! For those that don't know, you can only go the first weekend of each month...I'm pretty sure everyone knows that though.

Happy shopping, I hope you stumble upon some great finds too!

No comments:

Post a Comment