Friday, May 20, 2011

Friendship & Fellowship

Feeling very blessed and peaceful today. 

The Lord brings us to one another in times that we might need eachother the most. 

Thankful for my Lord who listens to my prayers and to the prayers of my friends. 

Let us always be an encouragement to one another; to listen, to relate and to remain true and faithful.

I found verses in Beth Moore's book Breaking Free that really encompasses a conversation I had with 
one of my girlfriends. Beth Moore said, "We have Christ's peace. It has already been given to us if we
have received Christ. We just don't always know how to activate it." Isn't this so true??

She also said, "Sometimes when we finally give up trying to discover all the answers to the whys in our 
lives and decide to trust a sovereign God, unexpected peace washes over us like a summer rain. We
sometimes lack peace in far less strenuous circumstances because we are not as desperate or as likely to 
turn them over to God." Isn't this also the truth??

I have found a few verses in her book that really "hits the nail on the head"...

Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace / him whose mind is steadfast, / because he trusts in you."

Isaiah 32:17 "The fruit of righteousness will be peace; / the effect of righteousness will be quietness and
confidence forever."

Isaiah 48:17 "This is what the Lord says- / your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: / I am the Lord your
God, / who teaches you what is best for you, / who directs you in the way you should go"

Isaiah 48:18 "If only you had paid attention to my commands, / your peace would have been like a 
river, / your righteousness like the waves of the sea"

I'll leave you with this quote from Beth Moore, "I believe Christ still grieves when He sees hearts in
 unnecessary turmoil. You can have the peace of Christ, believer, no matter what your circumstances; but
 you must believe, bend the knee, and learn to receive."

Isn't that also SO TRUE!?

I have found my peace today through these words and am so thankful the Lord knew exactly what I 
needed and when I needed them the most. Thank you dear friend, our Lord shines so bright through you. 

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts" Col. 3:15





1 comment: