Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"W" is for Wednesday

I am Wide awake today...not willingly, but I'm here. I went to bed at 3:00 this morning. I have 4 hours that are somewhat unaccounted for, how does that happen? I talked to my husband at 11:00 (out of town), I watched glee (dvr'd), played with my pups, dozed off and woke up at 1:30 laying across my ottoman and couch (maybe for an hour or so), went to bed and looked at the new pottery barn magazine and then decided to check my school email...annoyingly the professors assistant emailed me back about a question way past the deadline...went to my computer to submit something at 2:30 only to find out this morning that it's due today. Aaand then I looked at my phone while crawling in bed...3:00. How does that take 4 hours?

Anyway, so I've had 3 cups of Watery coffee. Normally I make great coffee but today I was not with it for obvious reasons...


Just another reason I need this...


I was watching Wendy Williams this morning and found something she said about herself to also be true about myself...

She said, "When friends ask me for my opinion about something, I don't give my real opinion unless they ask me for my REAL opinion and if they do then be prepared to have your feelings hurt."

I'm not saying that I want to hurt my friends feelings but they all know me well enough to know that if you want my real opinion then just know it's going to be REAL and I'm not going to sugar-coat it. That's just how I roll. I don't do that with people that I don't know very well and usually I can tell when my friends want me to be REAL with them and when they don't. So when they don't I just keep it very minimal with a smile and a nod. 

I was browsing the blogging world today and have noticed lots of jeans that look like this...


Wide-leg jeans/trouser jeans. They are definitely 70's inspired and I want some!

I also found this spring-summer phenomenon that I'm seeing everywhere I look...


I'm thinking I need some White denim in my life, very soon. Both of these are from the GAP. You can never go wrong with the GAP, classic.

I found this Wedding cake on a blog this morning and I fell in love...oh how I wish I had discovered this when I got married 5 months ago...


This would have been my dream wedding cake. It's the exact color pink that I used in my wedding, it's simple, frilly, girly and Perfect with a pink capital P. Seriously in love. (sigh)

I still loved mine, even though it didn't turn out exactly the way I told them to make it. It was still pretty and I didn't want to make a big fuss about cake on our day. Here it is..


The magnolia's were NOT supposed to be pink. They were supposed to be white with gold centers (which they did) and there was just supposed to be a hint of pink in the center. But what are ya gonna do when you walk into your reception and see your cake for the first time? Yep, my thoughts exactly. I'm a married woman now, so who cares.

I Want my dark hair back :(...


I tried something new because I've had dark hair for the past 3-4 years and I'm not loving the new...


I just had a few low-lights put in it, but it's enough to know that I prefer my super dark brown, almost black. 

I really want new Window decorations, also known as curtains or drapes for all of you that speak our native language, English. This is what I bought at Target...


They are cream linen and just kind of blah. I thought I wanted something more neutral but now that I have them I think I need to spruce it up a bit with some color and make it a little bit busier. I'm for sure thinking a print, maybe floral maybe something else. So I was doing a bit of research this morning and came across a few fabrics (I plan on making these) that I thought were just okay. Nothing really jumped out and grabbed me...







Burlap is obviously not a pattern but I love it.  I really need some color and go figure, they're green. I couldn't find any floral that I loved so I'm thinking this will need to be a day trip to fabric stores kind of thing. Maybe a few day trips. I'm going to be picky if I'm going to spend the time and money making these. I will need to make 4 panels because on the other side of our living room we have another set of windows.

My curtains are tied up because of this guy...


They are too long and need to be taken up and our Gus has found his new favorite spot to lay, on top of the curtains. I just love when he sheds all over the curtains, but ya gotta love 'em! Like David says, he's just a big ol' sweet potato...that sheds.

So I was grocery shopping at Wal-Mart on Monday and found these...


$25.00


$35.00


$25.00

Yes, at Wal-Mart for a whopping 25 bucks! I'm thinking that's a pretty cheap deal for a super cute lamp. I really like the silver but silver would not match our guest bedroom, I'll let you judge for yourself...


I'm slowly, key word being slowly, getting our home decorated. This is the room I want to make the large burlap euro pillows for and a few colorful/fun decorative pillows. So many things to sew, ahh! Good thing mi madre is coming into town this weekend for sewing camp. I'm going to have to tell you about where sewing camp came from in another blog. Makes me laugh every time I think about (Kristen).

Now that I've Wasted enough of my day blogging I need to be productive and finish my to do list: 

Work Out (Day 2 of 1/2 marathon training-easy 2 miles)
Fold Laundry
Online Class
Dishes
Maybe to Wally World for the lamp...mom and dad dooo need a lamp in the bedroom for when they visit, don't they?

I will leave with this:

WOW!! David and I have been married for 5 months today!!

How can it be that we've been married for almost half a year and it doesn't even feel like it?! I can actually answer that, he's been working out of town for about 4 1/2 of them...(thinking nice thoughts :) Regardless, I still can't believe it!

Happy 5 months my love!!! I love you! xoxo


Enjoy your "W"ednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment