Monday, May 9, 2011

Go, Go, Go! Whirlwind of a weekend!

David and I went to Lone Star Park in Grand Prarie to see Casey Donahew Band. It was fun, fun, fun! We LOVE Texas country! It is by far the best! This is David's favorite Casey Donahew song....Back Home In Texas. Enjoy!


I also discovered a new favorite this evening. For all you gals out there, it is a must try! It's $14 and the perfect summer cocktail...and low calorie! It doesn't get better than that!


Here is the one and only picture of us this evening. The track lights were so bright if you couldn't already tell.



Our friends Leigh Ann and Blair met up with us. This was the first time we had actually hung out with Blair because he just moved here to be with his lovely Leigh Ann. Great guy, great couple, love them both and can't wait to hang out again!! Wish we would have taken a picture, we were just havin' to much fun!


Saturday, David and I were just lounging around and his boss called to see if David and I wanted 4 tickets to the Rangers/Yankees game...we jumped on that one! With 5 hours to game time, he went to pick up the tickets, I went on search for a Rangers shirt (that I didn't even wear) and we called one of our favorite couples Lance and Rachael Doty to come along. 

IT WAS A BLAST! I had never been to the Rangers Ballpark and it is massive and wonderful and so much fun! I can't wait to go again! We are actually going in July for David and our BIL's birthday's. David's is the 24th and Casey's is the 23rd. There is actually a game that weekend, so we're pumped! We all still laugh about how that worked out so well! 

While David and I were waiting on the Doty's we had one of these....


And some peanuts! Now, I know what you are probably thinking...but it's okay folks to have A beverage or two especially at the Ranger's game! We really like bloody mary's and we will give the best spicy bloody mary award to the Ranger's Ballpark in Arlington! Seriously deeelish!


We had great seats! We were on the third level and the rail was in front of us, it was perfect!


US :)


Lance and Rachael! Thanks for going with us with such late notice! We had so much fun!!

So then Sunday came along and we went to church. We go to Richland Hills Church of Christ. The worship service was amazing this morning. The singing was absolutely spectacular. We go to the 9:00 service because we prefer the more traditional approach. David and I really like the ACU/Camp Blue Haven kind of worship songs...you know what I'm talking about if you are familiar with either.

I really wanted to cook since I hadn't cooked all weekend because we were constantly on the go. I wanted to make a spectacular meal, a David kind of meal since he hasn't had home cooked food in soooo long. I made Pioneer Woman meatloaf...


Mmm mmm good! And yes, it is completely wrapped in bacon! The only thing I didn't do was use a broiler pan because I didn't have one. I would recommend it because then you don't have that fatty mess surrounding your beautiful meatloaf when it's finished baking. I fixed good ol' homemade mashed potatoes and fresh green beans as my sides. I wanted to fix PW's Creamy Mashed Potatoes but I forgot the half and half and cream cheese at the store so I just stuck with the old fashioned kind--milk, butter, salt and pepper. Needless to say, it was a hit and we have tons of leftovers. This would be a good meal to make for 4-6 adults. Luckily my husband will eat left overs and I sometimes have those days when I don't feel like cooking so it all works out!

So then, later Sunday evening I decided to make my first ever attempt at making bread in our Oster Breadmaker that we recieved as a wedding gift. David wanted me to make sourdough but I told him that I was just going to attempt regular ol' white bread first. It was much easier than I thought, but in the directions they tell you several times that you have to get the ingrediants completely exact for your bread to rise properly. I thought I was pretty exact until I saw that the top didn't rise properly.

Then, I noticed the sides and the bottom were hard as a rock. I was pretty sad at this point. I had waited 3 hours for this bread and it's hard! I cut into it and the top and the middle were perfectly soft and tasted delicious! So I wrapped it in foil and then put it in a zip-lock bag. To my surprise the next morning, the bread had softened everywhere. I guess being in the baggy overnight created the perfect amount of moisture that it needed. Heck, I don't know... but whatever I did it worked!

Here it is!


It made a 2 pound loaf! I sent it all with David to Temple. He'll be back Wednesday and will probably demand more bread, sourdough. I have a feeling that I will be making a lot of bread until he gets sick of it.

Sunday was our chore day since we were on the go so much this weekend; cleaned, laundry, mowed, bathed dogs! We were exhausted after this weekend but it was oh-so-fun!! Next weekend, strictly lounging around the house! 

I hope everyone had a fabulous and eventful weekend with their momma's!


No comments:

Post a Comment