Friday, May 6, 2011

28

First, I must mention that yesterday was my birthday and so many people went out of their way to make me feel special. I was sang to four whole times, that's a lot at 28! My mother first thing, she is always the one to call me first, ever since I moved away from home. Emma Kate, Noah and my sister and of course baby Micah put in his two cents with a little scream. Chris, Merry and Annie sang and little man Cason said what sounded like "poo poo," I know what his little two year old intentions were...sweet sweet boy. Finally, my in-laws called and Ronnie sang his little rendition of Happy Birthday. David and my dad called and chose not to sing, so they better believe that I will remember that! Only kidding, they were both at work and I can only imagine what people surrounding them might have thought if they were singing on the phone. I am blessed beyond belief by such an amazing family! Love, love, love!

I cannot leave out the greatest group of gals I know! I am not one to really celebrate my birthday, ever. I'm not sure why, but I've never made a big deal out of it. If I've ever celebrated, it's only because someone else insisted on planning a little shin-dig. I don't enjoy being in the limelight, I'm an introvert, I don't reach out to new people (only if I'm forced to somehow), therefore it's really hard for me to make new friends because I feel awkward and uncomfortable if forced into a situation to be out-going. Now that is a confession if I've ever had one! But sometimes there are new people that are very easy to connect with because somehow I just feel comfortable and can sense that this person is right for me and I feel okay about letting my guard down. Strange, I know.

So these great gals planned a dinner for me at Hanabi Hibachi and Sushi, YUM! (I meant to take a picture of all of us and forgot) We went to BJ's to visit, have a mojito and a desert....


This is the pazookie trio--triple chocolate, red velvet and oreo! mmm mmm good and super sweet!

We had a wonderful time visiting and catching up, I don't see them enough! So we began planning an entire summer of fun! Only my favorite time of year to be a social butterfly!! So here we go....

1. It all started with my desire to have a Kentucky Derby type get-together. I want everyone to put on their pretty dresses, big hats and bow ties--fun right?! Kind of like Hef and the girls next door--confession: this show used to be one of my guilty pleasures and I'm sad it's over, so now I watch Kendra and Holly's World. Bridget, can you get another show please?! So this is what we will be doing at some point!


2. Next, David and I would like for our friends to go out on the lake in Granbury. I love the lake!! My in-laws just got a new boat and they would like for us to get some use out of it and I will gladly take up that offer! So we have a lake trip planned for sometime in June!

3. Leigh Ann's man is moving here from Alabama FINALLY! They have had a long distance relationship for quite some time, hardest thing ever. So we are going to welcome Blaire in style to make him feel at home! We've all had a hankering to hang out with the great guy that stole our friends heart, so another reason to have a get together!! Leigh Ann is also the only one of us that lives in Dallas, so we promised that we would come to her sometime. Poor thing treks to FTW to see us all the time, we appreciate her dedication :) 4. So when we go, we are going to this place that she loves and wants us to experience called the drybar. No cuts. No color. Just blowouts. $35. Can we say, Yes Please. You know you have those days where you don't feel like washing and fixing your hair. Well, 35 bucks is a great deal to have a fab do! What a fun girls day and of course you've got to get fancied up and go somewhere after that! Here it is in Highland Park....


5. ABILENE.The beginning of all of our friendships, a place that we love, treasure, refer back to often and laugh, just a little bubble of happiness that only those that experienced it can know about. Ah, the many joys that it brought to us and sometimes the "WHAT was a thinking?!?" moments that we all had and now laugh about. We are going back for a visit and can always make our own fun even if we aren't in college anymore by visiting some of our Abilene favorites. So, we will make a trek to west Texas at some point this summer and relive our days, in an adult kind of way.

6. 8.0's in FTW at Sundance Square. I have been there once, but my girlfriends have been there often and swear by it. It's a fun bar with live music, just a good time to be had by all. So I'll be givin' it a try this summer!

To complete my day yesterday, I will finish with the most important person ever, David. He felt so guilty for being out of town on my birthday, I could tell because he called like every 2-3 hours all day to just say, "Happy Birthday, I love you." and "Are you having a good birthday?" He scheduled a massage for me and then I got a pedicure. I was going to get a manicure but I ran out of time, I didn't want to be late to my own birthday dinner so I opted out of the manicure. Love him! This brings me to mention something else...OPI.

I picked out my all time favorite OPI color that I am only drawn to in the summer, Cajun Shrimp. For those of you that are not familiar, get familiar. Complete Awesomeness in every sense of the word. Here ya go....



It appears red, but infact it is orange/red and the.best.ever. To my surprise, my girlfriend Alisa gave me this last night...



Cajun Shrimp is on the end. That's a good friend when you can remember someones favorite OPI color from college, over 4 years ago. The other colors are beautiful and summery and I can't wait to try them! Lovely Leigh Ann gave me this beauty...


I'm thinking of pairing this with a fun little black summer dress or blank tank. I love it! And to top off my entire birthday, my husband is coming back today and will take up full-time residency at our home! My biggest and best birthday surprise! Thank you all for making my 28th so special!!

XOXO~
Keely

No comments:

Post a Comment