Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Love After All, Matters the Most.

I'm having one of those days, I'm missing my husband  a lot. I came across a song that we played in our wedding, Captivate Us by Watermark, one of my all time favorites. So I decided to revisit all of our music. Well, not a good idea when you're already missing your husband a lot. This opened the flood gates today.


There are days when I can get down about the job market for teachers right now, I don't know what my future holds for the next four months regarding the job situation. But I was talking to one of my best girlfriends on the phone this week and she really put things into perspective for me. She said that I may not have a job and she may not love her job but we have something that a lot of people don't have, our true love, husbands that love us more than anything. This is something that I have often thought about. I remember when all I cared about was finding the one, I wanted to be in love and married more than anything. More than finding a job that I enjoyed, more than having friends, this is literally all I thought about.

I am so blessed by this man that I get to call my husband, the love of my life, the future father of my children, the one that I have waited my entire life for. Like the song, love after all, does matter the most.  He has brought so much joy into my life. I did not know it was possible to be this happy and in love.

I remember when David and I were dating, I was on this incredible high all the time. My girlfriend, Ashlee, would probably tell you the same thing. She laughed at me all the time because I was just silly in love. I always wondered, how do you know when you find the one? Well, ten days after David and I started talking, I knew. He. Was. It. He was different. He was what I had always pictured and hoped for my future. I'm not going to go on about all of his amazing qualities because that would take forever. I will just say he had the makings of the perfect man, husband and father. I fell head over heels for him. I'm still head over heels for him and I know that feeling will just grow stronger as our lives together grow longer.

I can't worry about what I don't have right now. I know I am grateful for what I do have. My husband, my love. He is all that I need...and of course our loving Lord in Heaven, who made all of my dreams come true. It is Him who I truly thank for all of my blessings. He led my life to David and I know by remaining faithful that He will lead my life where it needs to go, He will show me the way.

I must say that the women that have husbands over seas are stronger women than I could ever be. But I might be surprised if I was ever put in that situation. I at least get to see David on the weekends and I am so thankful for that.

My love, that matters the most......








I love you, David Jeffrey Clark.

5 comments:

  1. i love this post! so sweet! y'all are so perfect together! And love IS all that matters...i don't really like my job that much, but i have my amazing husband by my side and my Heavenly Father always watching over me! Love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding the one is the most wonderful thing in the world! Having your best friend there with you through the tough times...and trust me, it only gets harder, but also better. I mean that life is TOUGH! And marriage is TOUGH! But just having that one by your side and knowing he's always there for you is the most incredible feeling in the world. I'm so happy I found mine and happy you have also found yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, thanks for your sweet words. Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suz, it is tough but SO worth it! I'm glad we found our loves too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keels..that is my FAVORITE song to sing and play on the piano right now. I love that you had it in your wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete