Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Infamous Post Card

So I'm not sure if everyone is aware of my post card struggles. It's pretty humerous now, but at the time I was in tears and mad all at the same time. Sooo, for David and I's thank you cards for our wedding/shower gifts, I created a post card. It was my mom's idea because it is really cheap, like 28 cents! That totally beats normal postage, right.

I created the post card on mpix and they offered the option of which direction you want your postcard so naturally I thought either one would be okay and worth 28 cent postage. Our picture was up and down so that is the one I chose. I created them, love them, so cute! Recieved them in the mail and they came with envelopes, I was quite confused on that because it's a post card. Duh.

Filled out Every. Single. Address. and took them to the post office and they said, "These aren't machinable because of the direction the address is going," on my up and down post card. I said, "but, I was given the option to go either direction, why would I be given the option if it's not a machinable direction?" Hence the envelopes I recieved in the mail with the post cards (light bulb, but like a month later).

So for some, I paid 80-something cent postage for one stinkin' post card because the direction of the post card and address was not machinable! That's more than normal postage. I was in tears talking to my mom on the phone because of my frustration. I was trying to save money and now having to pay more than normal. My mother was a saint and calmed me down with the words, "Send them all to me, I will place them in envelopes, address them and mail them." Wow. Can we say seriously amazing mother! I love her so much and am so grateful for her!

They were already WAY late, and this ordeal made them even more late. I'm pretty sure people thought we were extremely ungrateful. So if you're reading this and you were a generous and loving soul and gave David and I a gift, trust me, we are more than grateful for you and your kindness. There was just a bit of glitch in the thank you card process.

So here it is! Drum roll.......



Pretty cute, right?! So lesson learned on post card sending, I will ALWAYS remember how to create and send my future post cards for as long as I live. So, everyone be ready for our Christmas 2011 post card debut, the correct way. I will be so proud of that, I already know it. 

I'm pretty sure some of you will be getting one of these beauties in the mail this week or next week, it's the last batch....four months later, six months for the shower guests. YIKES! Another lesson learned, no matter how busy you are, always send thank you's right away! 

I think some were lost in the mail, if you did not recieve one and want one, please let me know. I'm not being vain, but some have actually told me they did not recieve theirs and still wanted one. So I'm just sayin'. You can respond to the blog or email me at keelytrout@yahoo.com.

I hope everyone else learned a lesson about post card sending as well! Have a blessed Easter weekend with your friends and family! This is a time to celebrate our Lord in Heaven as is everyday!

Romans 1:4-5 
And Jesus Christ our Lord was shown to be the Son of God when God powerfully raised him from the dead by means of the Holy Spirit. Through Christ, God has given us the privilege and authority to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done for them, so that they will believe and obey him, bringing glory to his name.
Matthew 28:1-10
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."

So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."
Philippians 3:10-12 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. (NIV)
1 Peter 1:3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead... (NIV)

2 comments:

  1. How come I never knew of something like that?! What a great idea! Love that Mavis! But I would probably be with you on making the major mistake and end up spending more than saving. Just part of learning and growing. Feel free to check out our blog...randomupdatesofanormallife.blogspot.com. Long I know, started it before I got married. :) Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suz! Yes, Mav is pretty great! I would love to read your blog, thanks for sharing!! Learning and growing can be so hard sometimes, haha!

    ReplyDelete