Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

This weekend for Easter, David and I went to Granbury to my in-laws. Chris, Merry and the kids were there along with a whole lotta family that came over on Saturday. It was a FUN weekend!

I went early on Friday because Merry, my SIL, and I planned on shopping downtown together. We. Were. Excited. about that! We never get to go do fun stuff by ourselves so it was a treat! We shopped for two hours and it flew by! We went to one of my favorite, probably my very favorite store, Almost Heaven. We found this amazing painting...


The picture quality doesn't do the painting justice. It seriously is beautiful. It is a hand painted oil painting, another reason why I love it so much. The lady told me that since they are all hand painted, there aren't any that are exactly alike. So, I consider it a one of a kind, kind of. It's fairly large, about 24x30 inches. 

So, Merry and I were just obsessed with it and it would match my house perfectly so we thought this would be a perfect birthday present from David. I had the lady hold it until the next day so I had some time to sleep on it. I still loved it, so I brought David back on Saturday and he pretty much knew we were getting it before he even saw it. I have such an amazing husband!! Happy Early Birthday to me!!

There was a reserved spot for it in my house. Since we've moved, I have tried so many different combinations of decor and nothing works in this spot. It was definitely meant to be. It's also so hard to find art work that you just love and that also doesn't look cheap. This wasn't cheap, but it was definitely a good deal for what it is! 

We found jewelry that we both loved so we bought the same jewelry and she found a beautiful spring/summer dress. Needless to say, we had a blast! Wish we were closer so we could be work out/shopping buddies all the time! That could also make shopping dangerous! 

I feel so blessed to have such an awesome sister-in-law. I love spending time with Merry because we love the same things. We are so much alike and never run out of things to talk about. She truly is an amazing sister and I feel so blessed that we get along so well. I can't wait for the 4 of us, plus the kids, to take trips together!

Friday night, the 9 of us took my in-laws new boat to eat at this restaurant next to the marina on Lake Granbury. It was beautiful and so much fun! Saturday tons of family came over and we had Easter lunch and played and visited. It was a great time! 

Chris, Merry, David and I took the boat out and the men water skied, they are really good and I had never seen David ski. He did amazing! I attempted skiing, I had only skied once in 7th grade and I didn't love it. I have been successful at wake-boarding, once, and really loved it and was up for a long time. So I tried, 10-15 times. Probably about 5 of the times I wasn't even close to getting up. I got up completely for at least a second about 3 times. I was so close!!! I was also worn out so I gave up until we can go back and try again. A super fun time!

We went to late service and then to Spring Creek for lunch. Here are some Easter pictures before church.




Our sweet Annie and Cason! They were so much fun this weekend!

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend with family too! Have a great week! I'm being productive this week, so that means no blogging until after our Amarillo trip next weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment