Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day!


I love Earth Day! It reminds me of my father. Growing up it was always a huge deal to him and I think that is something to always remember, that he is an advocate for protecting our environment. He is a professor for those of you that don't know and he teaches all the "sciencey" stuff, so it is very important to him..not to mention he is uber smart about all that science jazz! I remember he was always given earth day t-shirts and sometimes I ended up wearing them or my mom would wear them, 5 sizes too big! The funny things we remember from our childhood! So this post is in honor of my father, who has always loved Earth Day and this day will always remind me of the wonderful things that my dad enjoys, protecting our environment. Thanks for caring so much dad, we need more people like you in this world! I love you! 

Here is a link to EPA, the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
 "Make every day Earth Day and help protect health and the environment throughout the year."

And here is a great picture of my dad and mom at their 60th birthday!


And here is a link to my dad's website...he's also an author if you didn't already know that.


Check it out! He makes sure to always help the environment in his young adult adventure series!

This book is one of my favorites!!


And there's FIVE more where this came from and one that's coming out soon!

Happy Earth Day Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I keep forgetting your parents are as old as my parents...well mine a just a year older. I need to read those novels. Just never got around to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Keely. What a great honor for your daughter to remember all the stuff I try to teach. My latest effort is to learn more about the mountain gorillas in Central Africa and write a book about them. Mom and I will be going there next year. Should be fun and interesting! Everyone should plant something today and help it grow. Love you too, Keely and David

    ReplyDelete