Monday, May 16, 2011

A Spot For Tea

ANTIQUE THERAPY....

"Cha-Ching!" This is what was going through my head when I stumbled upon this place...


Don't be fooled by this picture. This antique mall is MASSIVE, seriously, no exaggeration here. It took a grand total of 3 1/2 hours to stroll through this delightful haven, and when I say stroll I mean veeery slooowly. This gave me the opportunity to take it all in. This place is visually stimulating and if you blink you might miss something...so. much. to. look. at. I was so excited that I text two of my girlfriends and they informed me that they had been here before. Eh-hem, say whaaat?! Needless to say I was slightly shocked they had been holding back on me but I was in my element and was too giddy to even give it a second thought. I forgive you girls, I won't say names...Ashlee and Alisa, love you! Only kidding lovelies!

Side Note: I spy a desk/table in the back with turquoise legs. Do you see that? That is something I stare at every time I go in there as if my wishful super powers were going to transmit it to my office to serve as my lovely desk. Ugh, why must you torture me you beautiful piece of super old and used furniture?! (sigh)

Here is a sneak peak into this place that I find so captivating...







Okay, so a couple of surprises for you...are you ready? This antique mall has a TEA ROOM...


Yes, a tea room. What woman doesn't love tea rooms? Mmm, my favorite kind of food! So don't run off telling my husband that I told you this but he ate there with me last weekend, I had to beg and bat my eyes. Don't think he did it without a deal, I owe him now. It's a lovely little tea room. So ladies, grab your moms, sisters and best gal pals and plan an entire Saturday morning/afternoon around this place. They even have a pianist on Saturdays and they are open on Sundays until 6.

SIDE NOTE: Great place to throw a shower if you live in the area. 

You can do a little antiquing...take a lunch break...antique some more and THEN....



Shop at the BOUTIQUE! Umm, perfect right? The boutique is called Betty Jane's Boutique. It's super cute! There is a pair of brown and turquoise cowboy boots that I have my eye on, pret-ty cute.

So here are a couple of things that I found myself drawn to and did not purchase...



This table is just gorgeous. It's charming and 100% my taste. It actually resembles a table that I'm fawning over from pottery barn, which makes it even that much better. It is oh-so-perfect for my kitchen...a little big but I could have made it work. But it was way too expensive and we need to maybe spend that kind of money on, oh I don't know--a new washer and dryer maybe?! Why must I be so practical? It's a curse and a blessing.


Okay, don't even ask. All I can say is that I really liked this "head," I mean I don't even know what it is...cow? bull? Whatever, right. It wouldn't match anything but I really wanted it. Maybe if we owned a ranch house (in our dreams...in the future).

So instead, I just bought these. I can confirm that these are deer antlers, painted to appear "shabby chic."


Love'em! (slightly singing)

Not everything in this place is old. There are booths that have new items and I just happened to buy one because I had been looking for something like this forever...


It's a spectacular little chalk board that appears to be an old bread board, but in fact, it is new and it was only $11. I currently have a bible verse written on it. Proverbs 19:21 to be exact. Just a reminder that our future is in the Lord's hands and that he will guide us to our ultimate purpose in life. Stay faithful.

This concludes my tour of LoneStar Antiques: 
5605 N. Denton Hwy
Fort Worth, TX 76148

And another thing, I'm not quite sure if I was allowed to take pictures but I was that sneaky gal on her iphone nonchalantly snapping pics. Woops. It's all for the greater good though, right?! 

I hope you enjoyed this little antique therapy session...it was a long one. 



2 comments:

  1. There is an antique mall on hwy 26 in bedford that is HUGE also. And it has a tea room too! You should check it out, I love love love it!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay!! I'm definitely going to check it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete