Monday, May 16, 2011

Voila!



CRAFT THERAPY...

I've been needing something for my earrings, they've just been piled up on my dresser and there is no way to make that look neat and organized. So I decided to make one of these. I'm not sure where I saw it..probably blogging and thought it looked easy enough.


I bought the frame white which was perfect because I wanted to paint it light blue and knew that if I distressed it the white would come through.


Love it when I get the urge to create and I can do it in a day! I do need to fix a few things on it but it's not anything you would notice, I'm just a perfectionist. 

I pulled out my Bernina sewing machine today given to me by my grandmother. Here's what I'm thinking...small burlap pillows for our bedroom and large pillows for the guest bedroom. The last time I sewed anything was in middle school and I think that was mainly on my mom's surger which is much easier than a sewing machine. 

It's put together and plugged in, now threading it...hmmm?

Once I can get the pillows mastered, it's on to  curtains. Luckily I'm not completely clueless on the sewing machine and if all else fails, my mother the master seamstress is coming into town next weekend and she can give me a little tutorial!

Stay Tuned.


2 comments:

  1. I love those earring holders. Whenever I get back to the States I might have to create one for myself. (PS... I added your blog to my bloglist!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was pretty great too and decorative. It's super easy! Well thank you, I'm glad you are enjoying it! :)

    ReplyDelete