Monday, February 14, 2011

HEAVEN SCENT


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

I'm not sure why roses are the Valentine's Day flower. Maybe because people don't know about these beauties. Peonies (pee-un-ees) are my absolute favorite flower and they smell A-MAZ-ING, heaven scent (pun intended)!

Did you know that roses are in such high demand for v-day that some wholesalers and florists mark them up by 400% and sometimes more just on this special day!!! 

Next Valentine's Day, try some peonies, tulips or even hydrangea! They are just as beautiful and in my opinion MORE beautiful than your average rose. Trust me, you won't regret it! I think it also sends the message that you took the time to do something extra special rather than ordering just a plain ol' dozen or two. But if  you insist on ordering roses at least try something fun and fancy like this...


Not your usual 2 dozen...the shape is fun, add a few snap dragons and a little bit of forsythia and some tiger wood all in a snazzy black vase and you have a vamped up 2 dozen roses!!!

Enjoy the arrangement yours truly made on v-day 2009 for a special Valentine's Day someone while working at C Y M B I D I U M (not special to me, but special to whoever ordered it:).


This arrangement contains: curly willow, peonies, spray roses, roses, tulips, dendrobium orchids and ti leaves.

This year, this is my Valentine's Day gift to you! Is it okay to re-gift at the expense of someone else??

I hope this post inspired you to try something new and different for your floral needs. You won't ever go back and your loved one's will always expect you to top that amazing and unique arrangement! 

In honor of this post I need to give a shout out to one of my dear friends Cameron Kirkpatrick who is probably still working on gorgeous floral at Market Street in Coppell and loving every minute of it (wink). Valentine's Day can be kind of, I mean a lot of, a beating for florists/designers. Remember to be nice to them and that you are not the only person to order flowers on this wonderful day, you are one of hundreds. Call her, she's pretty stellar at her job!

I hope you all had a lovey dovey day with lots of candy, flowers, delicious dinners and maybe even some fancy jewelry!

I know I had lots of candy!!!

XOXO- Keely

4 comments:

  1. Send these ideas to Shane since he refuses to buy me flowers on Vday because of the price!
    Send him a text since my bday is coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a blog!! Too CUTE! I will definitely reading your blog regularly! Love you lots...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog. :) love you. yes, you should talk to you BIL too. I need something besides roses:)

    ReplyDelete