Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Decorating and DIY

David and I moved last weekend and let me just say, smoothest move I've ever had! First of all, I hate moving, but who doesn't. We had help from one of our good friends Azzie and he was a complete rockstar. Normally, David is the moving man for himself and everyone else he knows. So it was nice that David had some extra man power to make things much easier!

We love the house and I can't wait to start/finish decorating. We have a few projects that will be taking place over the next couple of months that I am so very excited about. My BIL & SIL gave us this really amazing solid wood console table that is a bit distressed and I love it. We are going to sand it and stain it dark walnut. Here is a before picture:
Ignore the random placement of things, we are not even close to being decorated. Then I want to get some really great hardware to dress it up and make it a bit more unique. I found these at anthropologie:




I can't decide which one I like most, but for now I know I want at least one of these designs. If you hadn't noticed, I prefer to decorate in the blues and greens. My sister is completely opposite, she loves to decorate in red. I'm just not a red kind of gal, unless it's paired with turquoise! I can't wait to begin our project so I can post an after picture!

Another project on our list is to refinish this beauty:

This hutch belonged to my mother's grandmother. It's currently still at my parents house, this is her china.  I can't wait to put my china in it, from my grandmother on my fathers side. My sister has our grandmother's china on our mother's side. The china pass down worked out extremely well because the china that we both inherited fits our personalities and decorating style to a tee! 

Anyway, I'm not crazy about the color of the hutch so we will stain it as well.  I'm thinking we will use the same dark walnut that we are staining the console table. Of course I'll fancy it up with some new hardware and it will be good as new! 

Now this is not a project but something that I am waiting impatiently for to be delivered any day now! I have been eyeing this clock from pottery barn since October. I registered for it and then took it off because I would much rather someone purchase dishes for us than a clock. So I decided that I would get it if we had any gift cards to pb and luckily it worked out that we had plenty for the clock and a few other things! Tell me you don't just LOVE this:
David even likes it because it's wood and looks a little rustic. It should be here any day now but with this amazing weather we are having I wouldn't be surprised if it's stuck somewhere in transit.

There's still so much that I want to do but I'm going to try to complete these projects first before my list gets too long. I'll keep you updated on our projects. I can't wait to post after pictures! Hopefully my vision works out!


2 comments:

  1. Do ya'll need a couch? I have a pretty nice deep one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No thanks! My grandmother bought me a new couch upon graduation, so it's only 3 years old. Thanks though, so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete